Monday, August 24, 2009

Transition Week: Day One!

It is going to be a loooooong week. Transition started today. We have 3 moving up and 3 are moving in. My two little boys did good their first day, not too many tears. Our new three girls however, lots of tears! It did not help that my co-teacher had to leave early with a fever! Kids were tired, cranky and hungry long before lunch came, so we had to snack them up to hold them till lunch arrived. It was a tad bit hectic between lunch/diaper/nap transition. But most of the kids were sleep by 11:40! which is about the time they usually go down for nap, not too bad for a chaotic morning! I could use a little nap right about now but the only place condusive for it is in the teacher lounge which is heavily occupied with people eating, talking and making way too much noise for me to get any rest! Low sugar and engery is not helping either. I guess, low key activities are in order?!? How about chilling on the playground? It was really nice to get the kids outside the confines of four walls, though after nap and snack, they were not in a hurry to go out. Once numbers dropped, we did a gluing project: All Things Yellow, which they enjoyed and gave me a break from the chaos of transition week!

Hopefully, transitions this time around will go smoothly as it did last time. It is Ramadan, I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!