Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hazards of childcare

One of the many hardships that teachers and childcare teacher have to grow through is being sick a lot. I get really nervous when flu and cold seasons creep around. Children, especially the very young tend to spread germs more since everything goes in their mouths and they are still learning proper hygiene techniques. 

A few things I am doing to keep the doctor away, other than eating an apple a day:

*Hand washing (for myself and the children). I make sure that hands are washed after pretty much everything.

*Sanitizing mouthed toys. I try to stay on top of what goes in the mouths of the children and immediately put the toys in our classroom dishwasher or in the laundry basket to be washed at the end of the day.

*Feverish children go home. I love them dearly but children with fevers of 99 and over are sent home.

*Have loads of kleenex around the room ready to chase down running noses!!

*Teach little ones to cover mouthes when coughing or sneezing (more like being ready to block coughs and sneezes in my face LOL)

*Taking extra vitamins to keep my immune system up.

Lets hope and pray these precautions keep us all healthy and happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!