Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Review: No Mirrors in my Nana's House


What a wonderfully written book! I love the story of a child who lives and learns about the beauty of life and the appreciation of the life she has through the love and compassion of her Nana. Despite growing up in an unprivileged environment, she learns that there is beauty in everything around her, all through the eyes of her Nana. She did not grow up to judge her self based on what others looked like or had. I love the concept of no facial features in the illustrations. I was still able to feel the emotions of each word even though their faces did not show it. This book would be suitable for muslim families who do not approve of illustrations of human or living beings. I give it a 4.5 !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!