Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bubble Frenzy!


Ah, the simplicity of life in the eyes of a toddler. Today was a ho-hum. We were late getting the children outside due to changes in float schedules and a late art project. So I figured, the only way to get them to expend their energy in a short amount of time would be to make them run, and run hard. Ha, making a toddler run and run hard is like trying to herd cats, or so I thought. I pulled out some bubbles to play with them after all my chasing games fizzled out. WOW! talk about a toddler frenzy!!!!! They loved the bubbles. They screamed as they chased the bubbles around the playground trying to catch them. They bumped into each and giggled as they fell to the ground only to jump up again and run after more bubbles trying to grab them. "More....more bubbles," they'd ask as I took a break from blowing. It is really easy to get light-headed after blowing for a while. But each time I got my breath back, they'd go into their bubble frenzy. It was such a delight to see something as simple as bubbles, brighten up their day, give them so much happiness and joy AND use up all that energy toddlers tend to have just before nap! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!