Monday, July 20, 2009

Book Review: Puff the Magic Dragon

Doing storytime with 7 toddlers and "Puff the Magic Dragon" made me remember just how much I liked the story and song growing up! This a wonderful tale filled with youthful imagination, amazing imagery, colorful illustration and a soothing melody. I borrowed this story from the 2 year-old classroom since we had the song on our computer. I played the song while showing the pages to my one year-olds. They were mesmerized as the music and song played. The illustrations captured them and kept them glued to the pages as I turned them and sang along (I have found, my toddler students prefer hearing teacher's voice along with the recorded voice when listening to musical stories.) They even requested the book and song "again!" They loved the dragon and they recognized the "boat". I will definitely invest in having a copy for my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!