Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stages of jumping.

Today was wonderfully cool with a gentle breeze on our rooftop playground. Sitting under the shade of the Sunsails on an overcast day, I watched two little boys from my classroom M and G jumping and hopping around me. They looked so cute doing it together. Then I noticed just how good at jumping they had become. I remember the first time either one attempted to jump, their feet couldn't come off the ground! They'd bend their knees, shout jump, and straighten their knees. That was it. Then, slowly, one foot would come off the ground as they jumped while the other stayed planted on the ground to keep their balance. After some time, they progressed to doing something like a gallop for jumping, their feet would take turns leaping and landing. But today!!!! they jumped!!! both feet leaving the ground and landing without falling!!!! Yipeee!! So, naturally, I'm cheering them on and they are loving every bit of it show off their new skill for me. Awww, the joys of seeing the development of my sweet little ones, it is every teacher's dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!