Thursday, July 16, 2009

My first on-the-job injury.

*groan* I got my first on-the-job injury last Tuesday!! took a header from one of the little ones running up to me. Hit me so hard, I think he may have actually knocked some sense out of me! *groan*

So here is what happened. We were on the playground, both toddlers classes in fact. It was a really nice morning, the kids were all running around and playing. A couple of times, a child would run up to me and jump in my lap. It is a game they have become fond of. Well, I was sitting down on the ground talking to another toddler teacher and playing with one of the toddlers next to me. Suddenly, from the corner of my eye, I could see another child coming at me really fast. Just as I turned towards him, he came crashing down on me. His head hit me like a ton of bricks. It stunned us both. My first response was "ooww," then I looked down and was in my lap touching his head. I hugged him and asked him if he was okay, his response was, "Hi Saba." Then he said, "I need ice." So, we got ice for him, after sitting in my lap for 15 minutes icing his bump, he got up and played as if nothing happened. As for me, my head throbbed the rest of the day. I felt slow but not really dizzy or anything like that. I don't have a mark, neither does he, but the spot is still tender. Today, he was his normal self, as if nothing had happened, he doesn't sport his mark where he rammed me with his head and he still likes to play the hazardous came of 'ram a teacher' but now, I'm ready for him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!