Monday, July 27, 2009

Fire Drill!!!

                Go to fullsize image

I usually hate when we have fire drill practice! one-year olds usually don't co-operate  since they have no clue why there is a loud sound pounding in their ear or why teachers are rushing around, why their toys are taken from them and then they are herded out the door or playground. The rush of it all really confuses them and as everyone knows, one-year olds do not like to be confused! Well, today we had a fire drill just as we were heading out the door to go to the playground. At first the noise startled them, but then they looked at me and my co-teacher and followed us out the door. Even going down the stairs to the front entrance of our center went smooth. I have to say, I was very impressed with my little ones! Of course, there were only six of them in class today and we had an extra teacher helping with the exit (LOL) I know we got lucky this time, next time, I will have new students in the classroom who may not be so co-operative and calm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like friends, the more, the merrier!